Monday, April 19, 2010

Aloha!

Happy Wednesday!
My bee-inspired plaid nails were starting to chip after 2 days, so in my quest for perfection I decided to change them up.  This was a bit of a bitch.  I painted them with Sally Hansen's 'XL' polish in 'Marine Scene', which was a color I fell in love with at the store.  You'll need about 3 coats of this one, however, from what I learned.  Anyway, from there I stamped a floral pattern from Konad's m25.  For the color, I used 'Sci-fi' by China Glaze, one of my main go-to colors.  This turned out OK, but I wasn't happy with it, so after a day (yep, just one day - sigh), I changed it yet again.  This time I ended up happier with my result.

Hawaiian nails!  Well, kind of ;)  This time I started with my go-to 'Sci-fi' color (shoulda known!).  Then, I used the same m25 stamp, only with 'Big Apple Red' by NYC Color.  I stamped the flowers wherever I saw fit, and ended up with this look.  The only thing I maybe would have changed about this look is I may have stamped with more than one color for fun.  But, I was pleased enough with my turnout :)  Sorry for the excess polish on my skin - I didn't have much time to clean these guys up before I took the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday, April 19, 2010

Aloha!

Happy Wednesday!
My bee-inspired plaid nails were starting to chip after 2 days, so in my quest for perfection I decided to change them up.  This was a bit of a bitch.  I painted them with Sally Hansen's 'XL' polish in 'Marine Scene', which was a color I fell in love with at the store.  You'll need about 3 coats of this one, however, from what I learned.  Anyway, from there I stamped a floral pattern from Konad's m25.  For the color, I used 'Sci-fi' by China Glaze, one of my main go-to colors.  This turned out OK, but I wasn't happy with it, so after a day (yep, just one day - sigh), I changed it yet again.  This time I ended up happier with my result.

Hawaiian nails!  Well, kind of ;)  This time I started with my go-to 'Sci-fi' color (shoulda known!).  Then, I used the same m25 stamp, only with 'Big Apple Red' by NYC Color.  I stamped the flowers wherever I saw fit, and ended up with this look.  The only thing I maybe would have changed about this look is I may have stamped with more than one color for fun.  But, I was pleased enough with my turnout :)  Sorry for the excess polish on my skin - I didn't have much time to clean these guys up before I took the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment