Saturday, April 24, 2010

Green French Tips!

You know when you've been wearing dark nail polish for too long and the outer part of your nails end up stained?  I decided I wanted to give my nails a bit of a rest and go for a simple (ish) French tip so that they can get back to normal.  I started with my most important product of all:  Sally Hansen Hard-As-Nails.  OMG, if you haven't used this product before, I highly recommend it.  I always kind of rolled my eyes at it when I'd walk by it in the store, but one day I decided to try it out, and I am NEVER going back.  My nails look like a totally different person's nails, for real.  Several months  back, I had been really sick and depressed and was having thyroid problems, which I think added to my nails being unhealthy, and ever since I started using this I can see a DRASTIC difference.  So, for all of you non-believers, I'm telling you this one is WELL worth it.

AAAnyway.  I started with my Hard-As-Nails as a simple base coat.  Then, I used this random greenish polish I have (I have no idea where it came from) as my tips.  When I do french tips, I've found that it helps to paint from the outside to the middle of the nail from each side along the smile line (is that what it's called?).  Then, I do little up-and-down strokes along the tip where I just painted to thicken it up.  Works like a charm. 

Then, I put some nail decals along the smile line of my nails.  I'm not sure what kind of decals these were, I have had them for a  loooong time and they don't have any labeling.  To finish it off, I used my other awesome Sally Hansen product, the Insta-Dry Top Coat, and voíla!  Hope you like them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Green French Tips!

You know when you've been wearing dark nail polish for too long and the outer part of your nails end up stained?  I decided I wanted to give my nails a bit of a rest and go for a simple (ish) French tip so that they can get back to normal.  I started with my most important product of all:  Sally Hansen Hard-As-Nails.  OMG, if you haven't used this product before, I highly recommend it.  I always kind of rolled my eyes at it when I'd walk by it in the store, but one day I decided to try it out, and I am NEVER going back.  My nails look like a totally different person's nails, for real.  Several months  back, I had been really sick and depressed and was having thyroid problems, which I think added to my nails being unhealthy, and ever since I started using this I can see a DRASTIC difference.  So, for all of you non-believers, I'm telling you this one is WELL worth it.

AAAnyway.  I started with my Hard-As-Nails as a simple base coat.  Then, I used this random greenish polish I have (I have no idea where it came from) as my tips.  When I do french tips, I've found that it helps to paint from the outside to the middle of the nail from each side along the smile line (is that what it's called?).  Then, I do little up-and-down strokes along the tip where I just painted to thicken it up.  Works like a charm. 

Then, I put some nail decals along the smile line of my nails.  I'm not sure what kind of decals these were, I have had them for a  loooong time and they don't have any labeling.  To finish it off, I used my other awesome Sally Hansen product, the Insta-Dry Top Coat, and voíla!  Hope you like them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment